Friday, May 6, 2011

feature friday flogger: the feminist housewife

i am incredibly excited for todays feature friday flogger. caroline from the feminist housewife has theee most adorable family, great decorating ideas, and her zest for life is amazing. i've followed her blog for quite a while, and just love reading her little tidbits she adds and her perspectives on everyday life and decorating. reading about her birthing process, recently, of her newest addition was amazing and i definitely recommend! what a strong and amazing woman. her ideals and knowledge on homebirthing and other ideals that aren't necessarily of the norm are a great and refreshing read. although it isnt of the pushy nature i find it very down to earth and just an insight on to how her family works and carries out their beliefs. again, a definite read!

welcome to my little piece of the interwebs caroline!

------------------------------------------------------------------


Hello! I'm Caroline from The Feminist Housewife! I'm a Women's Studies student, a wife, a mom, and a DIY project-addict and renovator. I'm also a vegetarian! I live with my husband, David, and two sons, Dmitri (22 months old) and Damon (5 weeks old) in Athens, GA, where we attend the University of Georgia.

what made you start to blog?
I have actually been blogging for about 8 years on and off. However, I started my current blog three years ago, when I got married and moved to Athens, to document our lives. Both for ourselves and our families. Since then, we have bought our first home and added two little ones to the mix. And along the way, I have become involved in the blogging community and made some wonderful blog friends.



what do you like to blog about and why?
I like to blog about whatever is going on in my life. I'm not a single-faceted person, and I don't think my blog should be either. I like to share all of it (ok, ALMOST all of it. I do keep a few things private...after all, my in-laws read it. ; ) Most frequently, I blog about the projects I am working on as I renovate our 110 year old farmhouse. Some of my other passions shine through from time to time...my boys, of course, birth, feminism, and I love food. And sometimes I share the random thoughts floating around in my head.

what's your favourite part about being a mom? why?
My favorite part of parenthood is helping my children to discover and explore their world. I love watching them develop and learn new things. And of course, I love all of the hugs, kisses, and snuggles (Dmitri is such a snuggler, and Damon is already a mama's boy!) But I like to think that I am impacting the world by encouraging them to be thoughtful, responsible, loving, and passionate human beings.

what do you like to do in your spare time? no kids.
I don't think this has ever happened...Haha! Of course, I love blogging and working on projects. But, if I had spare time with no kids, I might just like to drink a mimosa, and read a book while sunbathing. = ) Or I'd like to go to the gym.

Thank you so much for having me Stacey! I had so much fun getting to talk a little about my life and blogging through your interview! 


1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you. And what a unique name for this blog.

    ReplyDelete