One of the ways I help de-stress myself is through the tummies of my hungry monkeys. I was searching through Food.com and came across this recipe for blueberry muffins ( because I had blueberries sitting in the fridge screaming "EAT ME!". I was looking for the recipe to Starbucks (drool.) blueberry muffins with the crumble on the top, if you've never had one you're definitely missing out.
So ensue a little baking therapy this morning, and I am QUITE impressed with myself.
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 1 egg
* 1/3 cup milk
* 1 cup fresh blueberries
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup butter, cubed
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
3. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
So while I was baking, I did a how-to, including pictures. Swoon.
So, lets go! Ready to bake? (remember to preheat your oven too 400F)
First, I'd get out two bowls (The yellow & green ones I used) In the larger bowl add together your ingredients. (Watch the picture sequence.)
Grease the pan, I do it old school style a good old napkin & butter.
Add the ingredients to the larger bowl...
After you've filled up your tray (I got 9 muffins) I fill the excess holes with water, halfway, to prevent burning my muffin pan.
Let's get ready to mix the crumble! (Pictures in sequence)
Finally, it's time to stick these puppies in the oven.
The recipe couldn't have hit the nail on the head with 20-25 minutes. The entire time whilst in the oven my daughter, Q (You'll find me referring to her as Lulu.. Lol), was sniffing ever so loudly saying "Mommy! They smell deeeeee-licious!!!". Aw, thanks sweetie.
And, alas, they're finished!!! They couldn't smell ANY better.
Aren't they beautiful? Taste like a piece of heaven. The troops were fans, too! K gives 2 thumbs up!
Well, that's it for now. I may be back later, see what other trouble we can get in. (I can dream, can't I?)
Oo, before I go, LOOOK!! She's being girly, finally!